About Us

History of the Saskatoon Convalescent Home

SCH Original BuildingThe original Saskatoon Convalescent Home was situated on the corner of 31st Street and Idylwyld Drive. It was owned by the Commonwealth and Continental Church Society, and was used for a residence for single women attending normal school. In 1942, this building was rented for the purpose of establishing a Nursing Care Program. In May 1959, the Saskatoon Convalescent Home Society was formed as a charitable non-profit organization and entitled to Government grants and charitable donations.

The Society purchased the Home in 1963 and encouraged interested persons to purchase a membership. Each year, these members have the responsibility to elect a Board of Directors to oversee the operations of the Home. After years of planning, a new Saskatoon Convalescent Home was constructed on lots adjacent to the original building and fifty residents moved to the new building in the fall of 1983.

Saskatoon Convalescent Home is an affiliate organization of the Saskatoon Health Region. There are fifty-nine permanent residents who reside in the Home.

© 2017 Saskatoon Convalescent Home. Developed by Dryfive.